Roasted Beets and Sweets
What you'll need:
- 10 Beets, medium, peeled and cut (no chunks)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil and 1 tsp Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 ¾ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 ¾ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ¾ tsp Sugar
- 5 Sweet Potatoes, Chunked
- 1 ¾ Large Sweet Onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In bowl, toss beets with ½ tbsp olive oil to cool.
- Mix remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar in a large Ziploc bag, seal it and shake to coat vegetables with the oil.
- Bake beets 15 minutes in the oven. Mix sweet potato mix with the beets on the sheet. Continue baking 4-5 minutes, stir after 20 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
Recipe by John Dunn, Sous Chef, Catullo Prime Meats