Old School City Chicken
- 6 Sticks of City Chicken
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs (I use Panko)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup broth, chicken or pork
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add your eggs to a shallow bowl and beat
- In a separate bowl add your breadcrumbs, paprika and Parmesan cheese.
- If your pork are not already placed on skewers, do so by alternating pork and veal pieces.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
- Dip the skewered meat in the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside and finish the rest of the meat.
- Heat your skillet to medium high and once hot, add your oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place your meat in the pan and turn the skillet down to medium. Brown skewered meat on all sides. About 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once the meat is browned, place in a baking dish and cover with aluminum.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink inside.
- To make the gravy turn the skillet on to medium heat.
- Add the broth to the skillet and break up all the browned bits.
- Add the flour a little at a time and whisk well so there are no lumps.
- Pour over cooked meat