Smashed Lil Potatoes
These wonderfully seasoned, soft inside yet crispy outside potatoes made the perfect accompany to many dishes. Whether it be enjoying a juicy Steak and dipping your potatoes in the juice to going next to a Panko Parmesan Crusted Orange Roughy and holding it's own firepower in the dish... you are sure to love these!
Recipe in honor of the greatest bocce one roller, Vince "Lil Nuch" Antonucci.
- 2 lbs baby Medley Potatoes (or red/gold), washed
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender in heavily salted water.
- Let Potatoes set for 5 minutes to cool down (but not get cold)
- Put potatoes in large bowl and season with Kosher Salt, Fresh Cracked Pepper, the chopped garlic, 1/4 cup parmesan, 1 tbsp parsley and olive oil.
- Mix potatoes well and set on baking sheet with room to smash the potatoes.
- Using the bottom of a glass, smash the potatoes into a saucer shape.
- Pour remaining olive oil, cheese, garlic, herb and seasoning mixture on top of potatoes.
- Roast potatoes for 30 at 450, flipping one time halfway through.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Garnish with remaining parsley and cheese, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Let potatoes cool slightly before serving.