Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
What you'll need:
- 3 cups Penne, uncooked
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups 2% Milk
- ¾ cup Fresh Pumpkin Purée
- 1 cup Monterey Jack, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degree. Grease a baking pan.
- Cook Pasta in salted water. Drain.
- Melt Butter in saucepan, medium heat, until foamy. Whisk in flower and cook 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk until there are no lumps. Add pumpkin purée and mix well. Remove from heat. Add cheeses, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- When cheeses melt, combine with noodles and pour into baking pan.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes.
Recipe by John Dunn, Sous Chef, Catullo Prime Meats