Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce July 10 2012
1 1/2 to 2 pound flat iron steak
½ tsp fresh cracked pepper
½ tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp kosher salt ¼ tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne ¼ tsp chili powder
canola oil to brush the grill
3 cloves garlic
1 cup lightly packed cilantro, stems removed
1 cup packed Italian flat leaf parsley, stems removed
½ tsp kosher salt ¼ tsp cumin
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
½ tsp crushed red pepper
½ cup olive oil
1. In a bowl combine pepper, granulated garlic, salt, cumin, cayenne pepper and chili powder.
2. Lay steak on foil, rub mixture onto meat. Cover with aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, place cilantro, parsley, kosher salt, cumin, white wine vinegar and crushed red pepper in a food processor. Turn food processor on, while it is processing slowly add in the olive oil until the mixture emulsifies, about 1 minute. You will have a smooth sauce. Keep at room temperature until ready to serve.
4. Preheat gas grill on high setting. Once heated brush grill with oil.
5. Cook steak on high for 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice against the grain. Transfer to serving platter, spoon chimichurri sauce over the top, serve.