Stuffed Veal Chops September 11 2012
- 4 Thick Cut Veal Chops with pocket cut for stuffing
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 lb of Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Olive oil for cooking
- Cooking twine
- Mixing bowl
- In a large skillet cook the
sausage until it reaches a nice grayish / brown throughout. Be sure to
break the sausage up as it cooks.
- Add the spinach and
portabellas. Continue to sauté until the spinach is cooked down and the
mushrooms become soft. Once cooked pour the mixture into a strainer and
drain all the juice.
- Place the sausage, spinach and feta into a mixing bowl and add the feta cheese. Stir until the cheese is all melted.
- Take the veal chops and season generously with salt and pepper on all sides. Using a spoon stuff the pork chops with the cooked mixture. Using the cooking twine tie the pork chops in two spots to prevent the mixture from falling out. It is ok if some comes out.
- Heat your large skillet with
1/4" of cooking oil and place the pork chops on each side and then
each end until entire surface has nice even gray color.
4 - 5 minutes per side / 3 - 4 minutes per end.
- Place your veal chops into a oven safe dish / pan and cook on 400 degrees for 20 minutes flipping the chops at the 10 minute mark.
- When the chops reach and internal temperature of 140 - 145 degrees pull out and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.